Neutrik Silent Plug
2 pole 1/4" professional phone plug, gold plated contacts, red rubber overlay, silent switch
The silentPLUG automatically mutes (shorts) an instrument (guitar) cable to avoid pops and squeals when changing the instrument (guitar) under load. The integrated silent switch is based on REED-technology and guarantees a lifetime beyond 10 '000 mating cycles. The new PX silentPLUG features a rugged metal shell enhanced with a rubber cushion overlay for improved shock protection.
Features & Benefits
- Avoid pops and squeals.
- Hermetically sealed switching contacts.
- Lifetime beyond 10'000 mating cycles.
- Slim plug with industry proven and reliable chuck type cable strain relief.
- Sleek attractive design for convenient handling and connections.
- Rubber overlay on straight housing for best shock-protection and reliability.
- L-D versions available which accommodates cable O.D. up to 8 mm.
For use with instrument (guitar) applications only. Damage may occur if connected to amplifier output.
Please note that the signal isn't muted with some types of active electric guitars which are equipped with tip-ring-sleeve jacks thtat tap to activate the guitar power supply.
- Contact resistance: depends on mating connector mΩ (inner)
- Dielectric strength: 1 kVdc
- Insulation resistance: > 2 GΩ (initial)
- Rated current per contact: depends on mating connector A
- Rated voltage: 50 V
- Lifetime: > 1000 mating cycles
- Wiresize: 1 mm²
- Wiresize: 18 AWG
- Wiring: Solder contacts
- Bushing: Polyacetal (POM) + PU
- Contact plating: 0.2 µm Au
- Contacts: Brass (CuZn39Pb3)
- Insert: Polyamide (PA 6.6 30 % GR)
- Shell: Rubber overlay (EPDM)
- Strain relief: Polyacetal (POM)
- Standard compliance: IEC 60603-11 / EIA RS-453
- Solderability: Complies with IEC 68-2-20
- Temperature: range-20 °C to +65 °C