Silver Serpent Balanced XLR Audio Interconnect Cable
***SHIPS IN MID/LATE DECEMBER***
Why our Silver Serpent ® XLR Audio Cable is Better
- Award-winning Audiophile-grade audio cables.
- Risk-free Money-Back Guarantee.
- Made in the USA of U.S. wire and imported Neutrik connectors.
- Exclusively manufactured to BetterCables exacting specifications.
- They are not the same as similar looking, lesser cables.
- Great for any stereo or multi-channel audio application - including High-Resolution Streaming Media, DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD.
- Instantly improves your home theater or home audio experience.
- Larger Silver-Coated conductors for guaranteed low-loss connections. (Click here to see why we use silver in our cables)
Silver Serpent XLR Cable Overview
Silky-smooth audio using our advanced precision conductors and industry-low capacitance measurements. This audio cable is a dual conductor, twisted pair configuration. It features 99.999% pure silver coated conductors. Balanced lines are the preferred method (for hum free) interconnecting of sound systems using a shielded twisted-pair. The principal behind balanced lines is that the signal is transmitted over one wire and received back on another wire. The shield does not carry any information, thus it is free to function as a true shield. This circuit's shining virtue is its great common-mode noise rejection ability. The concept here relies on induced noise showing up equally (or common) on each wire. It is mainly due to EMI (electromagnetic interference: passing through or near magnetic fields), RFI (radio frequency interference: strong broadcast signals), noisy ground references, or a combination of all three. Our Silver Serpent XLR cables exhibit exactly equal impedance from each line relative to ground, guaranteeing equal noise susceptibility. Since the balanced input stage amplifies only the difference between the lines, it rejects everything else (noise) that is common to the lines.
Silver Serpent XLR Audio Cable Technical Information
- Features Audiophile-grade Male to Female XLR connectors.
- Stranded-core silver-coated conductors.
- Low 13 pF/ft capacitance.
- Nitrogen-injected hard-cell insulation.
- True 110-ohm impedance.
- Also works for digital AES/EBU.
The hybrid construction gives all of the sonic benefits of silver (dynamic high frequencies) and all of the sonic benefits of copper (deep, tight bass response).
I've played the cable game, with exotic interconnects with 4 figure price tags, and while they all have their individual charms I keep coming back to BetterCables. They do the job, without calling attention to themselves in any way, which is exactly what cabling should do!
John Kotches (Editor PC-Home Theater, Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity)
The combination of silver, low-attenuation, and top-notch quality insulation makes this a world-class audio cable with no equal at ANY PRICE.