Silver Serpent Microphone Cable with XLRs
Why our Silver Serpent XLR Microphone Cable is Better!
- Award-winning audiophile-grade audio cables.
- Risk-free Money-Back Guarantee.
- Made in the USA of U.S. wire and imported connectors.
- Exclusively manufactured to BetterCables exacting specifications. They are not the same as similar looking, lesser cables.
- 95% French Braided Shielding.
- Larger Silver-Coated conductors for guaranteed low-loss connections. (Click here to see why we use silver in our cables)
Silver Serpent XLR Microphone Cable Overview
Do you want to improve your studio or home studio recordings? Our Silver Serpent XLR Microphone cable is the perfect interconnect between your microphone and recording equipment-and between any balanced xlr connections in your system. The sound quality and dynamics of your recordings will be most noticeable improvements you will experience.
Silky-smooth audio using our advanced precision conductors and industry-low capacitance measurements. This microphone cable is a dual conductor, twisted pair configuration. It features 99.999% pure silver coated conductors. Balanced lines are the preferred method (for hum free) interconnecting microphones using a shielded twisted-pair. The principal behind balanced lines is that the signal is transmitted over one wire and received back on another wire. The shield does not carry any information, thus it is free to function as a true shield. This circuit's shining virtue is its great common-mode noise rejection ability. The concept here relies on induced noise showing up equally (or common) on each wire. It is mainly due to EMI (electromagnetic interference: passing through or near magnetic fields), RFI (radio frequency interference: strong broadcast signals), noisy ground references, or a combination of all three. Our Silver Serpent XLR microphone cables exhibit exactly equal impedance from each line relative to ground, guaranteeing equal noise susceptibility. Since the balanced input stage amplifies only the difference between the lines, it rejects everything else (noise) that is common to the lines.
Using a really high quality cable on your mic connection will allow the best of a bad situation: your low-output mic will give you better definition, more robust frequency extremes (better lows and more highs), and most importantly, remain even truer to the source. This is especially evident when recording acoustic guitars and vocals.
Silver Serpent XLR Microphone Cable Technical Information
- Features audiophile-grade Male to Female XLR connectors.
- Stranded-core silver-coated conductors.
- Excellent shielding - 95% coverage, french braided shield.
- Low 13 pF/ft capacitance.
- Nitrogen-injected hard-cell insulation.
- True 110-ohm impedance.
- Also works for digital AES/EBU.
- Rugged PVC outer jacket.
The hybrid construction gives all of the sonic benefits of silver (dynamic high frequencies) and all of the sonic benefits of copper (deep, tight bass response).
The combination of silver, low-attenuation, and top-notch quality insulation makes this a world-class microphone cable with no equal at ANY PRICE.