Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable
Why our NEW Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable is Better!
- Optional Neutrik Silent Plug - (Click to read about the Neutrik Silent Connector option)
- Made in the USA!
- SILVER in the conductor. (Click here to see why we use silver in our cables)
- Provides exceptional sonic clarity and tone.
- Risk-free Money-Back Guarantee.
- Exclusively manufactured to BetterCables exacting specifications.
- Instantly improves all electric guitar, bass, or acoustic/electric guitar tone.
- Lowest capacitance in industry - 18.8 pF/ft results in unparalleled high-frequency response.
- Semi-conductive layer guarantees the cable to be "noiseless" when in contact with floor- Most guitar cables pick up noise when moved or bumped on the floor. The audible "thud" is then amplified.
What's not to love about the Silver Serpent? It's quiet, transparent, and looks great! And if you like to change guitars mid-show, get the silent connectors and you'll wonder what you ever did without them.
Peter Rutter (VFE Pedals-vfepedals.com)
Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable Overview
The Better Cables Silver Serpent Reference Guitar cable is the best sounding guitar cable we have ever heard. The Silver Serpent uses a large silver-coated copper conductor. Silver is a highly conductive metal (silver is a better conductor than copper or gold). One of the major factors for a great sounding guitar cables is a low capacitance. Our Silver Serpent Reference guitar cables has one of the lowest capacitance in industry - 18.8 pF/f. The low capacitance results in unparalleled high-frequency response. The Silver Serpent Reference guitar cable features a semi-conductive layer which guarantees the cable to be "noiseless" when in contact with floor- most guitar cables pick up noise when moved or bumped on the floor. The audible "thud" is then amplified.
We use the G&H Pure Plugs or the Neutrik Silent Plug for the connectors. The G&H Pure Plug is unique in the way it is attached to the cable. The Pure Plug reduces the number of parts to four and directly crimps the hot and ground to the tip and sleeve. The Pure Plug also reduces the number of metal transitions in the typical instrument or speaker cable to just three (most connectors have over fifteen metal transitions). The result is less distortion and a much purer sound. This new-patented technology has elevated the standard for studio quality sound. The Pure Plug is the most durable and best sounding cables on the market.
If you would like to "silence" your guitar while changing instruments without turning off your amp, consider the Neutrik Silent Plug Optional Neutrik Silent Plug - Click to read about the Neutrik Silent Connector option
The extremely low capacitance, superior shielding and dielectric material, along with the patented G&H Pure Plug 1/4-inch plug makes this cable world-class in every respect. For unmatched clarity of you guitar tone, our Silver Serpent Reference Guitar cable is the pinnacle of performance. While we call it a guitar cable, it works equally well for other amplified instruments such as an electric bass.
Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable Technical Information
- Large 20 AWG stranded-core, low-loss Silver-Coated conductor.
- Precision, crush-resistant nitrogen-injected, foamed dielectric insulation.
- Semi-conductive layer for complete noise rejection.
- Exceptionally well shielded with 95% braided copper shield-much higher coverage than average guitar cables-provides complete RF rejection.
- G&H Pure Plug connectors with patented Clear Connect technology.
- Amazing NBS Low Noise Test Measurement: 5mV - Mechanically induced noise is a critical and frequent concern in the use of guitar cords and microphone cables. Generally, test readings should be below 15 millivolts for guitar cables.
- Extremely durable translucent red outer jacket.
- Flexible outer jacket.
- RoHS Compliant.