Why our NEW Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable is Better!
- Optional Neutrik Silent Plug - (Click to read about the Neutrik Silent Connector option)
- Made in the USA!
- SILVER in the conductor. (Click here to see why we use silver in our cables)
- Provides exceptional sonic clarity and tone.
- Risk-free Money-Back Guarantee.
- Exclusively manufactured to BetterCables exacting specifications.
- Instantly improves all electric guitar, bass, or acoustic/electric guitar tone.
- Lowest capacitance in industry - 18.8 pF/ft results in unparalleled high-frequency response.
- Semi-conductive layer guarantees the cable to be "noiseless" when in contact with floor- Most guitar cables pick up noise when moved or bumped on the floor. The audible "thud" is then amplified.
What's not to love about the Silver Serpent? It's quiet, transparent, and looks great! And if you like to change guitars mid-show, get the silent connectors and you'll wonder what you ever did without them.
Peter Rutter (VFE Pedals-vfepedals.com)
Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable Overview
The Better Cables Silver Serpent Reference Guitar cable is the best sounding guitar cable we have ever heard. The Silver Serpent uses a large silver-coated copper conductor. Silver is a highly conductive metal (silver is a better conductor than copper or gold). One of the major factors for a great sounding guitar cables is a low capacitance. Our Silver Serpent Reference guitar cables has one of the lowest capacitance in industry - 18.8 pF/f. The low capacitance results in unparalleled high-frequency response. The Silver Serpent Reference guitar cable features a semi-conductive layer which guarantees the cable to be "noiseless" when in contact with floor- most guitar cables pick up noise when moved or bumped on the floor. The audible "thud" is then amplified.
We use the G&H Pure Plugs or the Neutrik Silent Plug for the connectors. The G&H Pure Plug is unique in the way it is attached to the cable. The Pure Plug reduces the number of parts to four and directly crimps the hot and ground to the tip and sleeve. The Pure Plug also reduces the number of metal transitions in the typical instrument or speaker cable to just three (most connectors have over fifteen metal transitions). The result is less distortion and a much purer sound. This new-patented technology has elevated the standard for studio quality sound. The Pure Plug is the most durable and best sounding cables on the market.
If you would like to "silence" your guitar while changing instruments without turning off your amp, consider the Neutrik Silent Plug Optional Neutrik Silent Plug - Click to read about the Neutrik Silent Connector option
The extremely low capacitance, superior shielding and dielectric material, along with the patented G&H Pure Plug 1/4-inch plug makes this cable world-class in every respect. For unmatched clarity of you guitar tone, our Silver Serpent Reference Guitar cable is the pinnacle of performance. While we call it a guitar cable, it works equally well for other amplified instruments such as an electric bass.
Silver Serpent Reference Guitar Cable Technical Information
- Large 20 AWG stranded-core, low-loss Silver-Coated conductor.
- Precision, crush-resistant nitrogen-injected, foamed dielectric insulation.
- Semi-conductive layer for complete noise rejection.
- Exceptionally well shielded with 95% braided copper shield-much higher coverage than average guitar cables-provides complete RF rejection.
- G&H Pure Plug connectors with patented Clear Connect technology.
- Amazing NBS Low Noise Test Measurement: 5mV - Mechanically induced noise is a critical and frequent concern in the use of guitar cords and microphone cables. Generally, test readings should be below 15 millivolts for guitar cables.
- Extremely durable translucent red outer jacket.
- Flexible outer jacket.
- RoHS Compliant.
We offer free shipping to US addresses. At our choice, we will send your order via USPS, UPS or FEDEX. Standard, free shipping will arrive 2-5 business days based on your location. Express and Expedited shipping options are available as a paid options during checkout. Typically, you must order by 12:30 pm EST for orders to ship the same day.
Our 30-day Iron-Clad, Risk-Free Guarantee ensures you will be another satisfied BetterCables.com customer.
We have many years of experience, dealing with thousands of customers. We assure you, our customer satisfaction is second to none.
Our satisfaction guarantee covers any reason, including:
- You ordered the wrong cable.
- You ordered the wrong length.
- You are not satisfied with the cable's performance.
You can return your cable for a full refund (excluding any shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. You must obtain a Return Authorization (RA) and return the cables in their original new condition along with your original sales receipt. Special Orders, NON-BetterCables brand cables, and accessories (i.e. DVDO Video Processors) are excluded from this guarantee, as they are not returnable. Click here to send a request for a Return Authorization.